Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 26, 2013

Day 26: In The Barrenness

I will have 5 days left after this post!  It would be amazing if I just kept getting guest posters, but I don't think that is going to happen.  But for now, I am enjoying reading what other people have to say about joyful waiting.  Today's post comes to you from father-in-law, Joe Garber...


Isaiah 64:1-3 (NLT)
Oh, that you would burst from the heavens and come down!    How the mountains would quake in your presence!
As fire causes wood to burn
    and water to boil,your coming would make the nations tremble.    Then your enemies would learn the reason for your fame!
When you came down long ago,
    you did awesome deeds beyond our highest expectations.
    And oh, how the mountains quaked!

In my barrenness I am easily drawn to the urgency of the moment...the unresolved situations at hand...the healing that is not yet...the unpaid bill...the relationship that is yet to be reconciled...the dream or vision that is yet to come to fulfillment.  Life is filled with a myriad of scenarios that parallel these short descriptions of life's experiences.  What should my posture be as a child of God?  What did I say?  Yes, this is it!!  I am a child of GOD.

Let me put things in perspective once again.  OK. I am a child of God, the Sovereign who reigns forevermore.  He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, He provides the rain for just and the unjust, He created all things for His glory...In fact the scripture says that by HIS WORD He holds all things together.  Is it any too big of a thing for me to expect GOD to hold even my life together...a solution for the barrenness that I am experiencing?  Our verse for today beckons God to burst from the heavens and to come down!!  His presence will shake the situations of life that seem to be immovable!!  His coming will bring even our township, our county, our state, our nation,  THE NATIONS to a place of trembling.  Bring me Lord to a place where I will tremble before your amazing presence.

As your word says you will do things beyond my wildest expectations and I glorify your awesome name for you alone are God and I am your beloved child.  I know you care for me and my family along with everyone that calls you LORD.  We know and believe that In our barrenness there is a Rainmaker (click here)
           
                               there is joy in the waiting!!



To see more posts in this series just click on the label "31 Days" under the title of each post in this series, or go back to Day 1 here and choose from the list of days listed at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment